|Course Objective: This course highlights general benefits and misconceptions about listening as a means of introducing the concept of listening. It also teaches the student how to interpret messages and identifies three common types of listening. It provides a step-by-step process on how to become a critical listener and explains the benefits of providing feedback to speakers. Additionally, it focuses on improving understanding of messages. This course concentrates on listening skills and how to interpret, use, and improve body language as a form of communication. It also identifies common listening styles so the student can encourage others to listen.
|• Identify the three benefits of listening.
• Identify the three misconceptions about listening.
• Sequence the three steps in the listening process.
|• Identify what you should interpret when listening.
• Identify the three types of listening.
• Identify the three ways of responding to a speaker.
• Identify the benefits of providing feedback to a speaker.
• Identify the characteristics of feedback.
|• Identify the speaker?s goals when providing information.
• Identify the listener?s goals when listening to understand.
• Identify the three guidelines for improving your understanding of a
• Sequence the steps for improving your understanding of a message.
|• Identify the barriers to listening.
• Identify the guidelines for improving your listening skills.
• Identify two methods for taking notes.
• Identify the guidelines for taking notes.
|• Identify the four different listening styles.
• Identify the guidelines for encouraging others to listen to you.
|• Identify the elements you should use to interpret a speaker?s body
• Identify the three ways to use body language effectively.
• Identify the characteristics of body language.
• Identify the four methods for improving nonverbal abilities.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- One Year 24/7 Access to Training Portal- We are committed to providing quality training and support. Trainees will therefore have access to purchased courses and all the following exciting resources twenty four hours, per day seven day's per week for one year after start of training. NOTE: CAO reserves the right to close access to training for maintence purposes.
- Exercises: You will go through a series of exercises that will assess your comprehension and application of the principles covered in the course. Once you answer the assignment questions, you may compare your answers to the answer key.
- Lesson Quizzes/Tests: Upon completion of each lesson and exercises, there is a lesson Quiz. These quizzes will assess your comprehension of the concepts covered within the lesson presentations. The grade achieved on these quizzes will be saved in the gradebook for the course so that you can track your progress as you take the course.
- Final Exam: Upon completion of all the activities in the course, there is a final exam. The exam will focus on all the material covered throughout the course, including reading assignments. Once the exam has been started, it must be completed so be sure you have set aside enough time to finish the exam. The results achieved on the final exam will be saved in the grade section of you training for your review.
- Exam Prep To test your knowledge on the skills and competencies being measured by the vendor certification exam. Test Prep can be taken in either Study or Certification mode. Study mode is designed to maximize learning by not only testing your knowledge of the material, but also by providing additional information on the topics presented. Certification mode is designed to test your knowledge of the material within a structured testing environment, providing valuable feedback at the end of the test.
- Technical Support You will also have access to Instructional and Technical Support. Support may be reached as follows:
- Chat: clicking the icon in the online classroom entitled, ‘Connect with Support.’ A help desk specialist is available Monday-Saturday via instantaneous chat mode.
o Monday-Thursday 8am-11pm
o Friday 8am-6pm
o Saturday 11am-6pm
- E-Mail: During those hours when online support is not available, instructional support will contact you within 24 business hours.