Preparation for the MS server Installing & configuring Certification Exam
Exam Prep- This course will prepare trainees for the Microsoft Server Installing & Configuring (70-410) Certification Exam
Course Overview: In this course you will learn to install and configure Windows Server 2012. Students will learn about storage management, shares & permissions, Hyper-V, virtualization, IPv4 and IPv6, security, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS and more. Upon completion of this course, you will be able to install and configure Windows Server 2012 in an existing enterprise environment.
Audience Profile This course is for IT professionals who want to gain knowledge of the advanced network services of Windows Server 2012 and/or who are preparing for Microsoft exam
Expected Outcomes: After finishing this training course you will be able to configure and manage the advanced network services of Windows Server 2012 for an existing enterprise environment.
· Install and configure servers
· Configure local storage
· Configure file and share access
· Configure print and document services
· Configure servers for remote management
· Create and configure virtual machine settings
· Create and configure virtual machine storage
· Create and configure virtual networks
· Configure IPv4 and IPv6 addressing
· Deploy and configure Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) service
· Deploy and configure DNS service
· Install domain controllers
· Create and manage Active Directory users and computers
· Create and manage Active Directory groups and organizational units (OUs)
· Create Group Policy objects (GPOs)
· Configure security policies
· Configure application restriction policies
· Configure Windows Firewall
What is Included
We are committed to providing quality training and support. Trainees will therefore have access to purchased courses and all the following exciting resources for one year after start of training
- Textbook(s) and authors: The following textbooks will be used in the course. Textbooks may be accessed via the e-Reference Library at no charge to students for online access. You have the option to purchase the books within the e-Reference Library however it is not a requirement:
- MCITP: Windows Server 2008 Administration Study Guide (Exam 70-646) by Darril Gibson, Sybex © 2008 (526 pages) , ISBN:9780470293157
- MCSA: Windows Server 2012 Complete Study Guide (Exams 70-410, 70-411, 70-412, and 70-417) by William Panek, Sybex © 2013 (984 pages), ISBN:9781118544075
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Administration Instant Reference, by Matthew Hester and Chris Henley, Sybex © 2013 (592 pages), ISBN:9781118561881
- Windows Server 2008 Bible by Jeffrey R. Shapiro, John Wiley & Sons © 2008 (1008 pages) ISBN:9780470170694
- Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V Installation and Configuration Guide- by Aidan Finn, Patrick Lownds, Michel Luescher and Damian Flynn, Sybex © 2013 (600 pages) ISBN:978111848649
- Exercises: You will go through a series of exercises that will assess your comprehension and application of the principles covered in the course. Once you answer the assignment questions, you may compare your answers to the answer key.
- Lesson Quizzes/Tests: Upon completion of each lesson and exercises, there is a lesson Quiz. These quizzes will assess your comprehension of the concepts covered within the lesson presentations. The grade achieved on these quizzes will be saved in the gradebook for the course so that you can track your progress as you take the course.
- Final Exam: Upon completion of all the activities in the course, there is a final exam. The exam will focus on all the material covered throughout the course, including reading assignments. Once the exam has been started, it must be completed so be sure you have set aside enough time to finish the exam. The results achieved on the final exam will be saved in the grade section of you training for your review.
- Exam Prep To test your knowledge on the skills and competencies being measured by the vendor certification exam. Test Prep can be taken in either Study or Certification mode. Study mode is designed to maximize learning by not only testing your knowledge of the material, but also by providing additional information on the topics presented. Certification mode is designed to test your knowledge of the material within a structured testing environment, providing valuable feedback at the end of the test.
- Technical Supprot You will also have access to Instructional and Technical Support. Support may be reached as follows:
Monday-Saturday via instantaneous chat mode.
- CHAT: clicking the icon in the online classroom entitled, ‘Connect with Support.’ A help desk specialist is available
Monday-Thursday 8am-11pm; Friday 8am-6pm; Saturday 11am-6pm
- EMAIL: During those hours when online support is not available, instructional support will contact you within 24 business hours.