Course Overview: This course provides students with the knowledge and skills that they need to support and troubleshoot Windows 10 PCs and devices in a Windows Server domain environment. Students who take this course must have a good understanding of how to configure Windows 10 and its features, and how they can use these features in enterprise environments. This course focuses on troubleshooting issues with Windows 10 devices.
Upon completion of this course, students are expected to be able to:
· Install and Manage Apps
· Support Remote Access
· Support Authentication and Data Security
· Support Hardware and Mobile Devices
· Manage Updates and Security
Lesson 1: Supporting Operating System and Application Installation
It's important to decide on an effective strategy for installing the Microsoft Windows 10 operating system and applications on PCs and other devices. This lesson covers installation and configuration procedures for the Windows 10 operating system as well as Desktop and cloud apps. In this lesson, the following topics are covered:
· Supporting Operating System Installation
· Supporting Desktop Applications
· Supporting Windows Store and Cloud Applications
Lesson 2: Supporting Connectivity and Data Storage
To connect Microsoft Windows 10 devices in networked environment, it's important be familiar with networking and security protocols, as well as how to provide support for effective and secure remote access. This lesson provides information about network connectivity and remote access settings. It also discusses considerations relating to data storage. In this lesson, the following topics are covered:
· Supporting Network Connectivity
· Supporting Remote Access
· Supporting Data Storage
Lesson 3: Supporting Authentication, Permissions, and Data Security
To control user access to Microsoft Windows 10 devices and the data they contain, it's essential to select the best authentication and data security mechanisms to meet the organization's requirements. This lesson explains how to configure authentication and permissions, as well as how to secure data on a Windows 10 device. In this lesson, the following topics are covered:
· Supporting Multi-factor Authentication
· Supporting Computer and User Authentication
· Supporting Permissions
· Supporting Data Security
Lesson 4: Supporting Hardware, Performance, and Mobile Devices
As part of effectively managing the Windows 10 devices in an organization, it's important to be familiar with troubleshooting hardware issues and monitoring performance of the devices. As more and more users work off mobile devices, it's also important to manage their use through policies and have mechanisms in place for data synchronization between various devices. This lesson covers how to troubleshoot operating system and hardware issues, as well as optimize and monitor performance, and manage mobile devices and broadband connectivity. In this lesson, the following topics are covered:
· Supporting Operating System and Hardware
· Supporting Performance Optimization
· Supporting Performance Monitoring
· Supporting Mobile Devices
· Supporting Broadband Connectivity
Lesson 5: Supporting Client Compliance and Managing Clients
Compliance and security are important aspects of managing Windows 10 clients. This includes managing how updates are rolled out and configuring security options, including Group Policy settings, to protect devices and data. This lesson explains how to manage client compliance and security using Intune, as well as how to support Group Policy in a Window 10 environment. In this lesson, the following topics are covered:
· Supporting Client Compliance
· Managing Client Security
· Supporting Group Policy
· Manage Clients by using Windows Intune
What is Included
We are committed to providing quality training and support. Trainees will therefore have access to purchased courses and all the following exciting resources for one year after start of training
- Textbook(s) and authors: The following textbooks will be used in the course. Textbooks may be accessed via the e-Reference Library at no charge to students for online access. You have the option to purchase the books within the e-Reference Library however it is not a requirement:
- Exercises: You will go through a series of exercises that will assess your comprehension and application of the principles covered in the course. Once you answer the assignment questions, you may compare your answers to the answer key.
- Lesson Quizzes/Tests: Upon completion of each lesson and exercises, there is a lesson Quiz. These quizzes will assess your comprehension of the concepts covered within the lesson presentations. The grade achieved on these quizzes will be saved in the gradebook for the course so that you can track your progress as you take the course.
- Final Exam: Upon completion of all the activities in the course, there is a final exam. The exam will focus on all the material covered throughout the course, including reading assignments. Once the exam has been started, it must be completed so be sure you have set aside enough time to finish the exam. The results achieved on the final exam will be saved in the grade section of you training for your review.
- Exam Prep To test your knowledge on the skills and competencies being measured by the vendor certification exam. Test Prep can be taken in either Study or Certification mode. Study mode is designed to maximize learning by not only testing your knowledge of the material, but also by providing additional information on the topics presented. Certification mode is designed to test your knowledge of the material within a structured testing environment, providing valuable feedback at the end of the test.
- Technical Supprot You will also have access to Instructional and Technical Support. Support may be reached as follows:
Monday-Saturday via instantaneous chat mode.
- CHAT: clicking the icon in the online classroom entitled, ‘Connect with Support.’ A help desk specialist is available
Monday-Thursday 8am-11pm; Friday 8am-6pm; Saturday 11am-6pm
- EMAIL: During those hours when online support is not available, instructional support will contact you within 24 business hours.