|NETWORK+ Certification Prep Track
Preparation for the CompTIA N10-006 Exam
|These courses are designed for individual that are seeking to transition into the IT/Network Administration field or who wish to upgrade their job skills and to be trained specifically to take the:
CompTIA Network+ N10-007 Certification Exam
|Though there are no prerequisites for this course we recommend that individuals have knowledge of computer operating system, hardware and software.
- Explain basic networking concepts such as the OSI model and the various protocols and applications that are commonly used in networks.
- Discuss and implement IP addressing, and basic switching and routing concepts on network devices.
- Understand various networking topologies, types, and technologies, including the implementation of wireless networks.
- Explain Cloud Computing concepts, network services such as DHCP and DNS, and also recommend the appropriate cabling solution for various network deployments.
- Identify various networking devices, explain their functions, and in some cases, install and configure such devices (e.g. routers, switches, etc.)
- Discuss Virtualization as it applies to networking, discuss Network Storage technologies, and also discuss various WAN technologies.
- Understand appropriate network documentation and business continuity/disaster recovery concepts to aid in the proper operation of networks.
- Identify network monitoring and management processes along with determining the appropriate remote access method to use in different scenarios.
- Identify policies and best practices relevant to networks.
- Explain and implement appropriate authentication, authorization, and accounting controls, including physical and wireless network controls, to improve network security.
- Discuss various network attacks and mitigation techniques against these attacks.
- Identify various network troubleshooting methodologies and be able to use appropriate tools to troubleshoot a network.
- Troubleshoot common network connectivity, performance, and service issues.
- Understand additional network services such as Power over Ethernet (PoE), DHCP Relay, and Software Defined Networking (SDN).
Lesson 1 – Ports and Protocols and the OSI Model
- Ports and Protocols
- OSI Layers
Lesson 1 – Routing, Switching, & IP Addressing
- Concepts and Characteristics of Networking
- Subnetting and Supernetting
Lesson 1 – Network Topologies and Technologies
Lesson 2 – Cloud Concepts, Network Services, & Cabling Solutions
- Network Topologies
- Wireless Technologies
- Cloud Concepts
- Network Services
- Cabling Solutions
Lesson 1 – Networking Devices
Lesson 2 – Network Storage and Virtualization, & WAN Technologies
- Types of Networking Devices
- Advanced Networking
- Network Storage and Virtualization
- Wide Area Network
Lesson 1 – Documentation and Diagrams and Business Continuity
Lesson 2 – Network Monitoring & Remote Access Methods
- Documentation and Diagram Types
- Disaster Recovery
- Scanning, Monitoring, and Patching
- Remote Access Methods
Lesson 1 – Policies and Best Practices
Lesson 2 – Security Devices, Wireless Security, & Access Control
- Policies and Best Practice Guidelines
- Physical Security Devices
- Authentication and Access Control
- Wireless Security
Lesson 1 – Network Attacks & Device Hardening
Lesson 2 – Mitigation Techniques
- Network Attacks
- Network Device Hardening
- Introducing Mitigation Techniques
Lesson 1 – Troubleshooting Methodology & Tools
Lesson 2 – Troubleshooting Connectivity & Performance Issues
- Network Troubleshooting
- Network Troubleshooting Tools
- Wired Connectivity Issues
- Wireless Connectivity Issues
Lesson 1 – Troubleshooting Common Network Service Issues
Lesson 2 – Additional Network Services